Marine and Helicopter Coordination Centre
DONG Energy selected our SeaPlanner software and supporting services and hardware for their Marine and Helicopter Coordination Centre (MHCC) - a centralised hub for their UK offshore wind farm construction and a number of regional Operations MHCCs.
SeaPlanner’s portfolio management functionality allows DONG Energy to centralise, standardise, automate and make equipment easily deployable and support far offshore projects in order to save cost and ensure safety from day one for the people working offshore.
SeaRoc Group launched an innovative communications system, whereby SeaPlanner was deployed in several unmanned communications containers, housing all equipment required, including antennae, to carry out all communications on far offshore windfarms including vessel tracking, VHF marine and airband, Tetra, helicopter tracking and crewfinder.
- Offshore management system enabling centralised and regional support of the individual offshore sites simultaneously from standardised workstations.
- Marine, helicopter and personnel coordination across all sites.
- Voice communication between personnel offshore, vessels, helicopters and a central coordination centre across sites.
- Manage people, vessels/helicopters and personnel transfer to and from sites based on transport requests and access rights.
- Provide communication and sensor platforms/containers on multiple sites for central situational awareness and radio communication.
- Support a satellite and Tetra communication based Crew Transport Terminal on vessels and helipads for automatic people location tracking and text messaging.
We’re very pleased to work with SeaPlanner to implement these important enhancements to our new Marine and Offshore Coordination capability. They’ve undertaken work for our projects in the past and this contract proves that having a reliable UK supplier is an invaluable asset to offshore wind in this country.Louise Damgaard
Director, Head of Logistics Product Line in DONG Energy WindPower