GIS Data Management
Offshore wind farms require the capture, storage, manipulation and use of large quantities of varied data throughout their lifecycle, from constraints and survey data at project conception, to turbine output data and post-construction survey data during operations. SeaPlanner is experienced in providing a flexible framework for planning, implementing and controlling GIS data management best practices.
Our data management services include:
- Database Design: SeaPlanner has developed an information management “Geodatabase” model to store all spatial and non-spatial data relevant to the project. We work with the project team and the in-house GIS users to customise the data model to your project.
- Data Formats: SeaPlanner can assist the project team to ensure that project datasets are acquired in GIS compatible formats. This is achieved by providing contractors and other data providers with a data specification document to be adhered to when delivering data.
- Creation of Metadata: The creation of metadata formats enhances the use of the GIS ensuring efficiency of data management and helps the project team and data managers to co-ordinate data throughout the project lifecycle.
- Quality Management: SeaPlanner has a GIS Data Quality Management system designed to meet best practice GIS data management standards. We have established processes for checking the quality and integrity of many types of GIS data and the associated metadata.
- Implementation and User Training: We support client’s in-house data management resources in the implementation of new applications, GIS and data management systems into their operations.
- Database Management: SeaPlanner works with the project team to implement robust procedures for the update and management of site specific GIS databases for inclusion in a centralised portfolio data management strategy.
- COWRIE Compliance (UK): SeaPlanner advocates meeting the guidelines set out by COWRIE led data management system as ‘best practice’ for Round I and as part of the mandatory requirement for UK Round II projects.
- AutoCAD integration: CAD data can interface with the GIS to ensure that all data outputs can be stored in the GIS database and also made available in the SeaPlanner web applications.